Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
To create a new Dynamic event you will have to click on the Create New button on the Dynamic page.
To create a new dynamic container:
- Input the name that you'd like your container to be.
- Select an Organization
- Select a Start & End time.
- Select which timezone the start/end time is reflected towards.
- Select the appropriate pods visible.
- Select in what way you'd like StateSaves to take place
- StateSave expiration will appear if applicable.
- Enable or disable Reservations
- A user can reserve their session at some point in the future.
- Enable or disable Keeping Sessions open
- When a user disconnect this will make their VMs stay up and running.
- Choose a No-show Grace Period.
- The maximum amount of time after the session has started allowed for the user to login to their session.
- Choose a Lab Timeout
- The maximum amount of time with no active connection to the lab.
- Enable or disable the Presence Detector
Once you have all of this in place you can click Create Dynamic
You can always come back and change any of these values at a later time.
Now that we created the container we need associate it with a template:
- Select Templates selection from the top menu bar.
- Select which Template(s) you'd like to associate to this container.
- Once the Template(s) is selected click save.
- You can click the trash can in the row if you don't want that specific template.
Now that we've added the template we need to create a User Type:
- Click on User Types on the top menu then click the Add button.
- Input the Name
- Max # of Users
- Maximum users allowed to run this specific dynamic event at a single time
- Max Total Duration
- Total amount of time a user will have to complete the lab
- Max Session Duration
- The maximum amount of time allowed per session.
- Default Session Duration
- The time that is defaulted for the students on creating a session.
- Choose if users can extend the session duration
- Choose Min Session Spacing time
- This is how long between sessions a user must wait to spin up another one.
Now that we have all the fields sorted out click Add!
Since we've added the User Types we need to now give Access:
- Click on Acess from the top menu.
- Add in the specific user or group that you'd like to associate to this Dynamic Container
- Choose which User Type they'd like to have associated with your section
- Click Save.
You have created your Dynamic Container!