- Creating Virtual Lab Machines for Hatsize
- Deploying a customer image
- Building a new lab image from scratch
- Updating an existing lab image
Customers need to build and send images to Hatsize according to the guidelines laid out in section Creating Virtual Lab Machine for Hatsize. This section may be updated from time- to-time to keep up with newer technologies and practices. If you have used this guide for earlier images please refer to it each time an image is created to ensure you are using the latest information.
|Preferred Image Format|
VMware compatible format, such as:
If you are starting from a Windows physical computer, please see P2V - How to convert my Windows physical computer to a Virtual Machine for a step-by-step.
|Disk(s) and disk controller|
Hatsize will require that you license or provide licenses for your Windows environments.
We offer 2 options:
|Unused Services / Applications|
Do not run processes that are unnecessary for the lab.
|Fixed IP address|
Hatsize will set the IP address of the server and this may affect services that have a hard coded IP address.
|Screensavers and backgrounds|
If you are using VNC, please ensure that it is not set to autostart.
|Lab Initial Requirements Worksheet|
We strongly suggest filling up the Lab Requirements Worksheet to speed up deployment of your images.
For network complex lab environments, please send us a network diagram showing which NIC connect to what NIC between virtual machines.
This applies to situations where the customer is not sending an image to Hatsize for deployment, but would rather have Hatsize build a new image according to their specifications. Unless otherwise instructed by Hatsize Sales, the customer must provide us license keys for the operating system and all applications.
If Hatsize is to build an image from scratch, it is the responsibility of the customer to provide a complete and accurate specification for the image, please us our Lab Requirements Worksheet: Hatsize Lab Initial Requirements Worksheet.xlsx.
- This specification should include all information necessary to install the OS and Applications including any license information needed. Minimum required information needs to include: memory and CPU requirements for the image(s) as well as a network diagram of the solution.
- Customer can use our self-service Image Management System (IMS).
- For more information on IMS, please see Lab Configurations - Configure SystemsVersions and/or inquire with Hatsize.
- Hatsize can be engaged to update an existing image. The Hatsize sales team will ensure that the appropriate paperwork has been completed prior to starting work on the image update. Work is charged on an hourly basis and must be recorded in the Customer Invoicing system.